- “Since I signed up for Hacker Monthly I was able to stop reading Hacker News all the time. Productivity ++ :)”
Web Application Developer
- “I can read the best of Hacker News by the fire with a glass of wine and the laptop, tablet, and mobile off.”
Co-Founder and CEO, The Fireworks Project
- “There's simply nothing out there like Hacker Monthly. I love the attention to detail in design and editorial selection for thematic issues.”
- “Quality articles on interesting topics. I've shared Hacker Monthly with lots of people and they've all raved about it — we're thinking of starting a Hacker Monthly cult.”
- “I like the real life stories and practical insight into what it means to be a programmer. Personally, I do not have a lot of 'hacker' friends so it’s hard for me to get a beat on 'hacker' culture. I get my fix from Hacker Monthly and enjoy reading about relevant real world projects, solutions, and the tools people use to implement them.”
Web Developer, Search Admin
- “Hacker Monthly saves me the effort of finding the best articles to read each month.”
Software Engineer, Excess Developments
- “I can easily load Hacker Monthly onto my Kindle to read on a plane or bus.”
Software Engineer, Cheezburger, Inc.
- “The magazine is a great mix of informative technical and programming information as well as honest and open 'war stories' from a range of people working in hacker-related jobs. It’s great to have a master of a particular technical subject cut straight to the chase and explain the core issues, pros v.cons, etc. Also, it’s good to have strong opinions from different points of view and hear about other programmers’ successes and failures.”
Managing Director, Digital Bridge (Australia)
- “Non-distraction reading when it's in my hand.”
Web Application Developer
- “Hacker Monthly contains all the interesting articles in one package so I don’t have to follow Hacker News daily. I can read it on my android while commuting.”
- “I bought Hacker Monthly’s subscription for our office and left it on our lunch table. It has spawned some nice informal talks about plenty of topics.”
Team Lead, Cyrus Innovation
- “Hacker Monthly lets me catch up on notable Hacker News articles that would otherwise have slipped past me, and provides an easy reference for those articles later on.”
Senior Simulations Developer, 3D Interactive
- “Hacker Monthly has this richness and on-trend-ness of the material--It reminds me of Mondo 2000 or early Wired.”
Founder, Big Kitty Labs
- “Hacker Monthly provides deep insight into the startup mindset from a technical and founder perspective.”
- “I love Hacker Monthly! The printed issue is great for reading articles in the most comfortable way. Even if I check Hacker News constantly I always find some cool article I managed to miss. Also I feel like the great graphics and typography of Hacker Monthly gives more justice to the quality of the best articles appearing into Hacker News.”
Salvatore ‘antirez’ Sanfilippo
- “I’m in awe of how beautiful and useful Hacker Monthly is.”
- “Great collection of articles all in one nicely-packaged magazine!”
Manager of Platform Software, Ember Corporation
- “Excellent presentation and good quality articles.”
Managing Director, Soft As It Gets Pty Ltd
- “Well written, honest articles. ‘From one hacker to another’-style.”
Application Specialist, Global Intelligence Alliance
- “I like Hacker Monthly’s limited, curated selection of articles on a variety of topics. This is a refreshing change from the Hacker News feed, which I have trouble keeping up with on a daily basis because there are so many posts. Good posts get easily lost that way. Here, I know that there is much more thought behind editorial selection.”
Founder, an early-stage startup in the Bay Area
- “Hacker Monthly allows me to remove Hacker News from my feed list which saves me tons of time. I used to have to scour Hacker News and Reddit for quality articles that will actually improve my knowledge or change the way I think about a subject. Now, I have the best articles emailed to me every month and I couldn't be happier.”
- “Hacker Monthly’s sophisticated topics are fantastic. Not cookie-cutter Inc.-mag-type stories.”
Co-Founder, Foodie Registry
- “The articles are first-rate, and the layout makes the content easy to identify, understand, and digest.”
Staff Software Engineer
- “The mix of startup-related and programming-related material is really what I enjoy. While I'm able to keep up with Hacker News almost daily, sometimes great stories slip through the cracks and I miss them. I rely upon Hacker Monthly to find those gems for me.”
Founder, Sea Hag Software LLC
- “Hacker Monthly gives a surprisingly broad view of innovation and entrepreneurs.”
The Venture Café
- “It condenses my Hacker News addiction into 30 pages.”
UI Designer, Simply Dope Design
- “The daily noise of Hacker News can be a distraction, so it's awesome to be able to read Hacker Monthly and just take in the best.”
- “Hacker Monthly has the topics you can't find anywhere else (in magazine form), and writers who are talented and experienced--meaning they have actually done the things they are writing about!”
Strategy + Technology Lead, Ringside Design
- “I like the print format. I miss Dr. Dobbs, Byte and .EXE (a great UK mag from a few years ago). I don't program so much now, so I don’t read the sites I used to, but this is a good way to keep in touch.”
Owner, NProgram Ltd.
- “With Hacker Monthly, I can catch the top stories that I missed during the month. Also, I like having other perspectives on what people see as relevant stories. It’s a good way to spot trends in programming and business.”
- “I like getting all the articles in a format convenient for reading on my iPad. It makes it easier to sit down and read the articles without getting distracted by ads or the rest of the web. Having the articles curated also lets me skip checking Hacker News every day as I know the best will show up in Hacker Monthly.”
- “Hacker Monthly is a good way to be reminded of some of the content on Hacker News that I may have skimmed through the first time around.”
Designer/Developer, Exygen Interactive
Read it on your laptop, iPad, Kindle or even print.Subscription starts at only $29/year.
A great blend of business insights and web geekery.
This is a thing of beauty.
Hacker monthly is sooo good, first newspapery thing I've ever wanted a print version of.
Im in love.
Hacker Monthly is awesome. Curation matters.
The only "must read" print magazine.
A nice mag for web designers/developers.
I'm pretty sure I didn't care as much when these articles were plain old browser text.
It's the best magazine I've ever read.
A pleasure to read.
I really love Hacker Monthly.
I read hacker news daily,and still love the magazine.
What a beautiful 1st edition!
Honestly surprised at how much I'm enjoying it.
It's a must read.
"It's like Cosmo for nerds"
Hacker Monthly - Beautiful.
Look ma, I'm buying (i.e. paying for) print media! ...but it's based on... free online media!
1st issue of Hacker Monthly is great!
The first issue of "Hacker Monthly", it's AMAZING same lvl GettingReal is.
I am pretty impressed by what was just pulled off with Hacker Monthly.
The inaugural edition of Hacker Monthly is quite polished, certainly more than what I envisioned.
Hacker Monthly has potential.
Pretty impressed with the first issue of Hacker Monthly. beautiful layout, interesting mix, free pdf.
A great collection of the top Hacker News stories.
The layout is fantastic and the content top-notch.
Hacker Monthly is beautiful.
Print media is dead, long live print media!
An awesome new free pdf magazine on hackers, programming, startups and general awesomness.
curated + graphic design = win.
Excelente revista digital para emprendedores.
True techie fans: this is bliss.
A simple must read!
Kind of like a white-hat 2600 without the advocacy.
Absolutely gorgeous. Catch up on the best of Hacker News.
iPad + iBooks + Hacker Monthly PDF + Magic Hat Pale Ale = a dejected wife
Hacker monthly is actually pretty damn cool.
Läst första nummret av Hacker Monthly. Positivt överraskad.
I've already read these articles, but seeing them in mag form is brilliant!
It's amazing what a magazine layout can do to online articles.
Visual & Content L337 plus its Free!
It's new old media new!
Hacker Monthly is awesowe.
Great job on the first issue!
Hacker Monthly ROCKS!
An interesting Read
Hacker Monthly looks like a keeper.
Editor did a fantastic job - highly recommended.
Great magazine at a great price!
On the topic of journalism worth paying for: Crowdsourced programming magazine from Hackernews.
y si no les da tiempo de leer el sitio o no quieren otro rss feed en su reader, Hacker Monthly es excelente.
Take a look at Hacker Monthly and learn how to do a kick-ass magazine.
Welcome offline buzz-free Internet!
Im readin teh furst issue ov hackr montly. ITZ AKSHULLY PRITEE GUD.